The Trail Hg Idrija event organizer is the Hg Idrija Institute, located at Ulica zmage 30, 5280 Idrija.
An organizing committee is appointed annually for each event. The list of the organizing committee members is part of an internal document prepared for each event on an annual basis.
Trail Hg Idrija is a sport and social event. The purpose is to organize an event and social gathering of people whose aim and purpose is an active movement in nature in running, hiking, and a sense of protection and care for wildlife.
- Any natural person of legal age who meets all the organizer’s requirements may be a competitor – a participant in the event.
For participants who are minors, the declaration of entry must be signed by their parents or guardians.
- Volunteers are all-natural persons who have given their consent and who have been selected by the organizer.
- Compliance with the rules is binding on everyone, the organizer, competitors, volunteers, and others actively participating.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the conditions and route of an event if force majeure requires it.
- In the event of force majeure, the organizer reserves the right to reschedule or cancel the event.
- In the event of cancellation, the organizer shall first settle all costs incurred up to the event with the paid entry fees, and the balance shall be refunded to the paid entry fee payers on a pro-rata basis.
- In the event of cancellation, and if gifts have already been delivered to the participants, the organizer will provide them to the entry fee.
- The official e-mail address of the organizer is: email@example.com
- The official website of the organizer is: www.hgtrail-idrija.si
RUNNING THE COMPETITION
Trail racecourses are primarily on paved footpaths, dirt roads, and, exceptionally, off-road in unspoiled countryside, rarely on asphalt roads. Individual trails are marked with colored tape, signposts, and flags.
Trail running is movement in nature in jogging, running with poles, hiking – without other means of transport.
If the route is on dirt and asphalt roads with motor traffic, the participants must observe road safety regulations as they usually apply to road users.
The competitor must compete and move only on the marked routes designated by the organizer for the event. If the competitor uses other paths and shortcuts, the organizer may disqualify him/her.
In nature’s protection, it is strictly forbidden to dump any packaging. Each participant must bring his/her packaging waste through the finish line and dispose of it in the designated bin. In case a competitor throws packaging waste into the open air, he/she shall be disqualified.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Only persons of legal age can compete.
- If minor wishes to enter the competition, the entry form must be signed by the minor’s parent or guardian, who shall be responsible for any problems that may arise for the minor during the competition.
- By entering the competition, each competitor agrees that he/she is aware of the competition rules and that he/she participates in the event – competition at his/her own risk and that he/she is fully aware of all the risks involved in such competitions.
- By signing the entry form, each competitor agrees that in the event of personal injury and theft of equipment before, during, and after the competition, he/she will not bring any legal action or claim for damages against the organizer. The competitor shall be solely responsible for any such injuries and theft that may occur.
- The organizer shall not be liable for any damages arising before, during, or after the competition.
- Participants must carry the mandatory equipment prescribed by the organizer.
- In case of withdrawal during the competition, the participant must immediately notify the organizer at the gsm number indicated on the start number. Suppose the participant does not report his withdrawal from the competition and a search action is activated. In that case, all costs incurred by the participant who did not report his withdrawal shall be borne by the himself.
- Mobile phone (with organizer’s phone number stored)
- Start number displayed on the visible front of the runner
- Water bladder or bidon of min. 1 L capacity, which the runner must carry with him/her at all times
- Basic first aid (plasters, first bandage, astro foil, elastic bandage)
- Head torch
- In case of bad weather: waterproof, windproof jacket and other equipment suitable for the weather conditions
- Sun protection
- Energy tiles
- Walking sticks
- 20 € (there is a mountain hut along the route)
The organizer shall determine the locations and number of checkpoints for each distance.
Checkpoints at different distances may also be shared.
Each competitor is obliged to register at each checkpoint. Otherwise, he/she will be disqualified by the organizer.
The organizer will provide refreshments every 10 to 15km. Fresh drinks, fruit, and other sports nutrition will be provided at the refreshment points.
AMBULANCE SERVICE AND SAFETY
The organizer will provide medical service at the start-finish area and a mobile rescue team at the course.
If the ambulance personnel at the course find that the health of an individual competitor is so poor, they may prohibit the competitor from further competition. The ambulance staff shall inform the organizer, who shall take the necessary other action.
Any competitor who encounters a teammate in medical difficulty is obliged to assist him/her to the best of his/her ability and must immediately inform the organizer of the incident.
All competitors must comply with the organizer’s instructions and the warnings and instructions of the marshals stationed along the course. Failure to comply will be sanctioned by disqualification.
The organizer shall publish individual time limits by a checkpoint in the notice of competition.
If a competitor exceeds the time limit at a checkpoint or the finish, he/she shall be disqualified from the official competition.
The excluded competitor may continue on the competition route at his discretion and will. The organizer is not obliged to provide him with ambulance and medical services or refreshments at the refreshment stations.
The traffic warden service and staff shall monitor compliance with these rules at checkpoints.
Violations that will result in immediate disqualification are:
- Participation without the mandatory equipment (water container, first aid kit, mobile phone).
- Littering on or near the course (packaging waste).
- Threatening or insulting the organiser, track-side staff or a teammate.
- Helping a teammate in difficulty.
- Exceeding the time limit.
- Use of transport during the race.
- Taking shortcuts.
- Missing a checkpoint.
- Failure to comply with the instructions of the officials and the organiser and medical services.
Appeals must be made within 15 minutes after the unofficial results are published or within 30 minutes after the competitor has crossed the finish line.
The participant shall appeal in writing or the form of pictures as evidence.
The participant shall pay a deposit of € 30 at the time of appeal.
The Disciplinary Committee shall decide on the appeal.
In the event of an unjustified appeal, the deposit shall be retained by the organizer. Otherwise, the orgenizer shall return it to the depositor.
The Disciplinary Board shall be composed of:
- Event Manager.
- The Head of the Referee Service.
- The Head of the Event Officials’ Department.
All participants compete or participate at their own risk. The Organiser accepts no liability for injury or theft before, during, or after the competition.
A pre-match medical examination is recommended for all competitors. Each competitor must have insurance covering the costs of rescue and medical treatment.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
By signing the entry form for the competition, each participant agrees and consents that the organizer will store his/her data (name and surname, address, e-mail, gsm…) in the database to inform him/her about other events. Each signatory of the entry form agrees that the organizer and its business partners may use the photo and video documentation of the competition. The signatory is present for publication on the internet and other media.